Viewing parties are intended to allow you to organize a group of people who won’t be at the live TEDxErie event, but will be watching it live at another designated venue using the TEDxErie webcast. You’re allowed to organize viewing parties around the TEDxErie webcast, except that attending the viewing party must be free of charge to guests.
If you are planning on hosting a viewing party for TEDxErie, please contact TEDxErie’s Lead Curator, Jonathan D’Silva at jdsilva@TEDxErie.com for details and to assist TEDxErie in its logistics and planning.
If you would like more information about one of the Livestream Viewing Parties, please contact Jonathan D’Silva at jdsilva@TEDxErie.com to obtain contact information for a particular location.
Rules to Remember
- Your webcast must be free to all viewers.
- No advertising is permitted on or around our webcast. You may not advertise inside the webcast, or place advertisements on the website hosting the webcast.
- Talks and other content recorded at the TEDxErie event may not be distributed on broadcast television, cable television, satellite television, or on-demand TV.
- Archiving the TEDxErie event webcast for the public or your attendees is not permitted. (In other words, you can’t provide a stream of TEDxErie’s webcast after your event has concluded.)
Instructions for Accessing the TEDxErie Livestream:
Please note that these instructions are subject to change. Please visit the TEDxErie website for up to date instructions prior to the event.
- Make sure you have an internet connection with enough bandwidth to accept a live video stream. We recommend that you go to livestream.com and watch a live event in full screen mode as a test of your equipment and setup.
- On the day of the TEDxErie event, go to https://livestream.com/Tedx/Erie and click on the link to the TEDxErie.
- You will be taken to https://livestream.com/Tedx/tedxErie and If you are early and the event has not yet started, you will see a countdown time to the start of the event.
- The video feed should start automatically as soon as a connection has been established to theTEDxErie event.
- When the video feed starts, set the view to full screen mode and enjoy the show!
If you have any questions, please check the TEDxErie website at www.TEDxErie.com or contact Jonathan D’Silva at jdsilva@TEDxErie.com.